Gest MX –
September 8th or October 10th
Gest MX –
September 8th or October 10th
While contractors working on behalf of Network Rail undertake rail replacement, beam replacement, road marking, and associated works.
A helping hand from South East Water
We offer a range of services to help customers during their time of need, from assistance with paying their water bill to water related emergencies.
Expert advice is on hand from our specially trained Customer Care Team who support our customers and manage our Priority Services Register which gives access to a range of special services to meet customers’ needs. Any customer who has circumstances that may mean they need some extra support during a no water situation can register. This includes, but is not limited to customers who:
Have mobility restrictions
Have communication challenges, such as hearing or visual impairment
Have a disability
Suffer from short or long-term illness
Anyone who is concerned that they may need additional support if they are without a water supply should contact us.
The assistance we provide also includes offering bills in alternative formats such as:
What services may I receive after registering for priority services?
By signing up to our Priority Service Register, a customer or their nominee will:
• Receive prior warning of planned work which may interrupt their water supply South East Water Ltd Registered in England No. 2679874 Registered Office: Rocfort Road, Snodland, Kent ME6 5AH Page 2 of 5
• Receive priority treatment should the water supply be interrupted. We aim to arrange an alternative source as quickly as possible, and will often handdeliver bottled drinking water to our customers with mobility issues
• Receive important information in a more convenient format, such as large print or the spoken word, where our normal presentation style is not suitable
• Register a spoken or written password for our staff to use so that a customer can identify them if we need to visit at home
• Nominate somebody else to receive a water bill on their behalf, or someone we should contact if it remains unpaid (the person nominated must agree to this)
• If English isn’t their first language we may be able to help a customer with our interpretation service when they call
• Receive information about specialist organisations which are able to provide advice on possible adaptations to water fittings and appliances around the home
We also offer a number of support tariffs and schemes to help customers struggling to pay their water bills:
Single Room Tariff
Single Occupier Tariff
Helping Hand Scheme
For those customers who wish to pay their bills through their benefits they can do this through:
Customers can register for our Priority Services, by:
Calling: 0333 000 2468
Applying online: southeastwater.co.uk/priority
Do you care about where you live? Are you passionate about your community? If so, you could make a great local councillor. Stand for election and make a local change. Learn how to become a councillor here
WHAT IS A LOCAL COUNCIL?
Local council is a universal term for community, village, neighbourhood, parish and town councils. They are the first tier of local government and are statutory bodies. They serve communities and are elected by residents. They can raise their own precept (a form of council tax). There are 10,000 local councils in England and 120,000 councillors who serve on these local councils.
WHAT DO LOCAL COUNCILS DO?
Your local council has overall responsibility for the well-being of your local community. Their work falls into three main categories:
BECOMING A LOCAL COUNCILLOR
As a local councillor, you can become a voice for your community and make a real change. Local councillors are community leaders and represent the interests of the communities they serve.
Local councillors have three main responsibilities:
To stand for election to a local council you must: